This kiln, named after its last owner, Joseph Peisselon, was used to fire pottery and ceramics, a traditional local craft in La Palud.
By the end of the 18th century, there were already several “earthenware” workshops. After the French Revolution and the dismantling of the château, several potters settled here.
The clay was extracted close to the village, then stored and prepared around the château. The main products were bricks, tiles and utilitarian pottery.
Water, essential to this activity, was supplied by the overflow of the “highest fountain” at the entrance to the village.
The kiln dates from the late 19th century. Its activity ceased completely in 1926.