The high bridge at Colmars spans the Verdon, which it overlooks by more than 20m.
The high bridge is shown on the Cassini map. It could be likened to the Abrau bridge in Allos (late 16th or 17th century). It was listed as a historic monument on December 29, 1948. It comprises a single semicircular arch with two rows of keystones. The entire first row, in the depth of the arch, is made of ashlar. On both sides, the arch rests on an ashlar base that forms a slight overhang and rests directly on the rock. The bolt holes are still visible on both sides, aligned with the last course of this base. The arch has an opening of 8 m and a sweep of 3.7 m. The roadway passes more than 2 m above the keystone, giving the bridge a very squat line. On the downstream side, the bridge flares out on both banks, thanks to a small, low arch that supports the wing on the left bank, and a strange device that resembles a sort of triangular beak and initiates the flaring of the wing on the right bank. The width of the bridge, including the two 40 cm parapets, is 3.30 m.
source: Inventaire général du Patrimoine culturel Région Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur